Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io> on 2014/12/01 20:22:10 UTC

Re: Rocket

Huge +1

Re: Rocket

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
cool, yeah +1

The more container options means the more you need a solution like Mesos to
run them all in =8^) ... or be able to run apps without them too...

fantastic!

Re: Rocket

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
cool, yeah +1

Re: Rocket

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.
On Dec 1, 2014, at 11:22 AM, Niklas Nielsen <ni...@mesosphere.io> wrote:

> Huge +1
>
> On 1 December 2014 at 11:10, Tim Chen <ti...@mesosphere.io> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Per the announcement from CoreOS about Rocket (https://coreos.com/blog/rocket/) , it seems to be an exciting containerizer runtime that has composable isolation/components, better security and image specification/distribution.
>
> All of these design goals also fits very well into Mesos, where in Mesos we also have a pluggable isolators model and have been experiencing some pain points with our existing containerizers around image distribution and security as well.
>
> I'd like to propose to integrate Rocket into Mesos with a new Rocket containerizer, where I can see we can potentially integrate our existing isolators into Rocket runtime.
>
> Like to learn what you all think,

We too are using Docker and find the monolithic nature to be obnoxious at times.  If Rocket were easy to run side-by-side I'd certainly give it a whirl and switch to it if it works at least as well.