Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by David Koch <og...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/11 00:03:07 UTC

MAX_FILE_SIZE not respected for table

Hi,

I reduced the MAX_FILE_SIZE to 64mb on an existing HBase table to force
more regions. However, it seems that this limit is not respected by quite a
large number of regions. I find several regions of >500mb size. I checked
this by doing:

hadoop fs -ls -h /hbase/<my_table>/*/<my_col_fam>

What can be done to force re-sizing?

Thanks,

David

Re: MAX_FILE_SIZE not respected for table

Posted by David Koch <og...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jean-Marc,

Thanks. It's ok now. I thought I had run major_compact from shell but maybe
the effect was not immediate.

/David

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi David,