Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by John Giaccotto <jo...@adeptra.com> on 2007/02/20 18:50:44 UTC

Logging OutOfMemory Errors

Hi,

My environment uses log4j with both the syslog and file appenders.  I am
trying to determine if it is possible to log java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
errors through the syslog appender.  The problem I am finding is that
when log4j writes to the file appender it just writes
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError to a line by itself, using the file appender,
without any timestamp or priority message.  Does anyone have any insight
into how OutOfMemory exceptions are handled within log4j and how I might
be able to send them through the syslog appender?

Thanks,

John