Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Chetan <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/09 11:51:57 UTC

Client authentication

Hi,

I am facing some problems when trying to make a ftps connection using apache ftps client.
Can some one let me know how to accept the server certification and complete the connection.

Re: Client authentication

Posted by Steve Cole <sc...@camsbycbs.com>.
FTPSClient will automatically accept the server certificate. If you want
FTPSClient to verify the identity of the server, to prevent being redirected
and connecting to the wrong server, you need to create and load a
TrustManager using the keystore that contains the server's certificate along
with any others in the chain. If the server requires the client to present a
certificate for authentication, you need to create and load a KeyManager
using the keystore that contains the certificate issued to you by the
issuing authority on the server's certificate.

FTPSExample.java is a basic example, but it doesn't cover setting
TrustManager or KeyManager