Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Stephen Kahmann <st...@inovexcorp.com> on 2015/06/23 05:01:18 UTC

Karaf Cave Duplicated Artifacts

Hi everyone,

I just had a question about Karaf Cave provisioning for OBR. Why is it not okay to have two repositories that host the same artifact? We have multiple project being served from the same cave server and have a need to separate repositories to limit resolution of certain bundles. Unfortunately, that means the shared bundles have to be in a shared repository instead of having them in duplicated in the project specific repositories. When you do this, you get a 500 Server Error:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /cave/gson-2.2.4.jar. Reason:

    Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Multiple resources found with URI gson-2.2.4.jar
        at org.apache.karaf.cave.server.http.WrapperServlet.doIt(WrapperServlet.java:124)

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: Karaf Cave Duplicated Artifacts

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I'd say this is an up to now un-expected scenario :-)
Therefore could you open an issue for this?

regards, Achim

--

Apache Member
Project Lead

Re: Karaf Cave Duplicated Artifacts

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI

Regards
JB

On 06/23/2015 05:01 AM, Stephen Kahmann wrote:
> Why is it not okay to have two repositories that host the same artifact?
> We have multiple project being served from the same cave server and have
> a need to separate repositories to limit resolution of certain bundles.
> Unfortunately, that means the shared bundles have to be in a shared
> repository instead of having them in duplicated in the project specific
> repositories. When you do this, you get a 500 Server Error:
>

>     HTTP ERROR 500
>

> Problem accessing /cave/gson-2.2.4.jar. Reason:
>
>      Server Error
>

>       Caused by:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Multiple resources found with URI gson-2.2.4.jar
> 	at org.apache.karaf.cave.server.http.WrapperServlet.doIt(WrapperServlet.java:124)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Karaf Cave Duplicated Artifacts