Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Prasad KVSH <Pr...@ness.com> on 2012/03/07 10:40:26 UTC

Help on DOCX and XLSX

Dear All,

We started using Lucene version 3.0.3, we have different types of
documents like PDF, XLS, XLSX, DOC, DOCX,TXT etc., at a specified
folder.

We have created index on these files(using IndexFiles.java), Indexing
has took 17.2 MB for 69.4MB Documents. This index created using Standard
Analyzer with limited index fields. And able to search a given text in
PDF(text content only), *.doc and *.xls(MS Word 1997-2003) versions
only.

Now I need help on .docx and .xlsx files indexing. How I can run
indexing on these files. These files are ignored when we do a string
search

Writer is defined as below:

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(FSDirectory.open(INDEX_DIR), new
StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_CURRENT), true,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED);

Another question is on the size of index folder, whether we can optimize
the size

Thanks

Prasad

Re: Help on DOCX and XLSX

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
So you want to index different fields and search on those fields and
are asking whether you can do that in lucene?  The answer is yes.

I still think you should look at Solr but if you are determined to use
Lucene, get hold of a copy of the second edition of Lucene In Action
http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/.

--
Ian.

RE: Help on DOCX and XLSX