Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Judi Thomson <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/21 17:18:34 UTC

avoiding validation

Hi,
I've got a program that parses and transforms XML
documents received from a third party.  My problem is
that sometimes these documents come to me with invalid
DOCTYPE declarations- ones that point at an external
dtd that doesn't exist.  I'd like to be able to still
parse the documents, but I can't figure out how to
make the parser ignore the DOCTYPE declaration and
just keep going.

Turning off validation in the parser (by setting
validation to Val_Never) doesn't seem to have any
effect.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Judi Thomson