Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eelco Alosery <in...@multi-graphics.nl> on 2003/07/19 18:18:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Easy update apache 1.3.27 to 1.3.28

Hello,

I have instaled apache 1.2.37 together whit suexec om my mac osx 10.2.6.
But i found out there is a newer version of apache named 1.3.38

I wonder if there is a easy instal to update apache whitout instaling
suexec again and my apache modules and whitout configuring my
httpd.conf again.
Can i replase just some apache files and restart apache again or do i
realy need to install apache from the start.

Please gif me a good solution for my guestion, i'm not a total neewby
but also not a expert.

Thanks
Eelco Alosery

Re: [users@httpd] Easy update apache 1.3.27 to 1.3.28

Posted by Eelco Alosery <in...@multi-graphics.nl>.
Yes, I forgot to sudo the comands.
Its working fine now, thanks

Joshua Slive heeft op zondag, 20 jul 2003 om 03:13 (Europe/Amsterdam)
het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Eelco Alosery <in...@multi-graphics.nl>.
I have reinstald the conf.status like you tolt me, but now i run intoe
some start errors.

[Computer-van-Eelco-Alosery:local/src/apache_1.3.28] eelcoalosery%
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
[Sun Jul 20 01:25:41 2003] [error] Must be uid 0 to raise maximum
RLimitMEM
[Sun Jul 20 01:25:41 2003] [error] Must be uid 0 to raise maximum
RLimitCPU
fopen: Permission denied
httpd: could not open error log file /THE_SITE/LOGS/error_log.
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
[Computer-van-Eelco-Alosery:local/src/apache_1.3.28] eelcoalosery%

Any ideas whts is going onn.

Joshua Slive heeft op zaterdag, 19 jul 2003 om 21:21 (Europe/Amsterdam)
het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.