Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kanwar Sangha <ka...@mavenir.com> on 2013/04/19 19:38:35 UTC

index filter

Guys - Quick question. The index filter file created for a sstable contains all keys/index offset for a sstable ? I know that when we bring up the node, it reads a sample of the keys from this file. So this file contains all keys and a sample is read on startup ?

Thanks,
Kanwar

Re: index filter

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
In 1.2 there is also a -Sample file which contains a sample of -Index at the last index_interval. This is done to (dramatically) improve startup time.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: index filter

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Re: index filter

Posted by Kanwar Sangha <ka...@mavenir.com>.
Let me rephrase. I am talking about the index file on disk created per sstable. Does that contain all key indexes?

Sent from Samsung mobile

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Kanwar Sangha <ka...@mavenir.com> wrote:
> Guys – Quick question. The index filter file created for a sstable contains
> all keys/index offset for a sstable ? I know that when we bring up the node,
> it reads a sample of the keys from this file. So this file contains all keys
> and a sample is read on startup ?

The -Index file and the -Filter file are two different things. The
-Index file is what you describe. The -Filter is a bloom filter.

=Rob

Re: index filter

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.