Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "ROCKWELL,ANTHONY (Non-HP-Boise,ex1)" <an...@non.hp.com> on 2002/05/22 22:17:35 UTC

multiple web servers - file not found

Hello,
I have searched the faq's and archives and cannot seem to find anything
regarding the possibility of having

***
multiple web servers (on the same physical server) using the same instance
of Cocoon.
-***

We have Cocoon 1.8.2 running on Win 2000 Advanced Server with ServletExec
3.1 and IIS 5.0 (patched to date).

Everything runs fine on one web server.  I added another virtual web service
in IIS, and configured ISAPI for ServletExec (pointing to the SAME dll as
the other web service).  The ServletExec guides tell me it can easily serve
multiple web services... and my testing display's that to be true.

When I try to browse an xml page for cocoon to interpret (on the new site) I
get the error:

--------------------------------
Error found handling the request.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
"file:D:/web/wwwroot/webdir/dnd/index.xml" not found.
	at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1037)
	at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocument(Defa
ultEntityHandler.java:512)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:304)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:899)
	at org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:85)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.parse(AbstractParser.java:83)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.producer.ProducerFromFile.getDocument(ProducerFromFile.jav
a:78)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:359)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletService(ServletExec.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletRequest(ServletExec.jav
a)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.processServletAlias(ServletExec.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
	at
com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
----------------------------------

The url for the service this file was requested from IS NOT in the path
D:/web/wwwroot/  - that is the path of the OTHER web service.  I mean, the
url I use is http://somedomain.com/webdir/dnd/index.xml and the path is
d:\somedomain\wwwroot\webdir\dnd\index.xml
The other web service is at the path d:\web\wwwroot\
So it appears that cocoon is selecting the path and file from the url - but
inserting the domain/path information from the other original web service.

***-- How do I configure cocoon to allow multiple web services ?  --***

any insight would be appreciated...

tia,
Tony Rockwell

RE: multiple web servers - file not found

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
In Cocoon 2.X:

RegexpTargetHostMatcher.java
WildcardHostMatcher.java
HostSelector.java

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.

[mailto:anthony_rockwell@non.hp.com]

----

----
> [...]
> 	at

com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)
> ----------------------------------
>
> The url for the service this file was requested from IS NOT in the
path
> D:/web/wwwroot/  - that is the path of the OTHER web service.  I mean,
the
> url I use is http://somedomain.com/webdir/dnd/index.xml and the path
is
> d:\somedomain\wwwroot\webdir\dnd\index.xml
> The other web service is at the path d:\web\wwwroot\
> So it appears that cocoon is selecting the path and file from the url
- but
> inserting the domain/path information from the other original web
service.

> ***-- How do I configure cocoon to allow multiple web services ?
--***