Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it> on 2003/05/21 12:24:06 UTC

Forrest CVS and Cocoon 2.1M2

Gentle folks,

I've tried to make Forrest CVS and Cocoon-2.1M2 work together... to no
avail :(

The error is:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startDocument(Unknown Source)

Yes, I've already followed the instructions in the etc/cocoon_upgrade
(BTW, thanks Jeff).

Anyone tried the same ?

                Luca Morandini
                GIS Consultant
               lmorandini@ieee.org
http://space.virgilio.it/kumora/index.html

Re: Forrest CVS and Cocoon 2.1M2

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
Luca Morandini wrote:

> Gentle folks,
>
> I've tried to make Forrest CVS and Cocoon-2.1M2 work together... to no
> avail :(
>
> The error is:
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNamespaceBinder.startDocument(Unknown
> Source)

I haven't tried upgrading yet, but the problem might be that various
Cocoon components in src/java/* need recompiling with the updated XML
jars.  If so, the README needs updating.

--Jeff

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Mark Eggers wrote:
> Yes,
>
> I've tried the same, and even replaced the
> excalibur-datasources-vm12-nnnnn.jar with the vm14
> version from Cocoon since I'm using j2sdk 1.4.1_02.
>
> I get the same error.

well, nice to know I'm not the only dumb guy in town ;)

I think we're not the only ones with such an issue, are we ?

FWIW, I've tried to setup a couple of Tomcat instances (one for Forrest,
the other one for Cocoon), but, after a day of work I'm still *almost*
making the jk2 ISAPI filter work for such a configuration... frustrating
day indeed :(

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
Yes,

I've tried the same, and even replaced the
excalibur-datasources-vm12-nnnnn.jar with the vm14
version from Cocoon since I'm using j2sdk 1.4.1_02.

I get the same error.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .

http://search.yahoo.com