Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rakesh <ra...@iservindia.com> on 2001/12/23 01:30:34 UTC

Tomcat with apache for virtual hosting

Hi

I have recently installed the tomcat 4.0.1 with apache but i am facing the problem while using the virtual hosting with tomcat can any one help me that how can i host multiple sites on tomcat

Thanks
Rakesh

Re: Tomcat with apache for virtual hosting

Posted by John Clayton <ne...@optonline.net>.
Hi Rakesh,

I haven't yet installed TC4, but I think i remember seeing  some
documentation on how to set up the contexts. Just can't remember where.
It's similar, but not identical.  Sorry I can't help more,

John

Re: Need to refresh .jsp page around five times before it works properly

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Has anyone out there found a solution to this problem?  Anything that can be
done with the configuration?

Posted by James Chuang <dr...@earthlink.net>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.

Posted by David Morsberger <da...@home.com>.

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.

Posted by David Morsberger <da...@home.com>.
I can not make a blanket statement but when our pages do not load all
attributes coming into the page are null.

They are also null when the page is refreshed.

Posted by David Morsberger <da...@home.com>.

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
John Clayton wrote:

> Hi Rakesh,
>
>  From what I understand,  you simply specify your context directives
> inside your <VirtualHost> tags as you would if you were running apache
> normally.

Has anyone successfully connected a virtual host in Tomcat with that in Apache?
What is the correct way? I've been bugging with it for quite some time...

If I have one machine running:

- Tomcat (4.0.1)
- Apache (1.3.22)
- hosting several virtual hosts (with DNS setup OK)

how do I setup virtual hosts?

Tomcat
------

<Host name="Mercury.ev.co.yu"
       debug="0"
       appBase="/usr/users/mercury/webapps"
       unpackWARs="true">
   <Context docBase="/usr/local/java/tomcat-4.01/webapps/tomcat-docs"
            path="/docs" />
</Host>

Apache
------

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
        WebAppConnection tomcat4 warp localhost:8008
</IfModule>

<VirtualHost 192.168.61.16>
     ServerName      Mercury.ev.co.yu
     DocumentRoot    /usr/users/mercury/public_html
     ServerAdmin     webmaster@Mercury.ev.co.yu
     ErrorLog        /usr/users/mercury/logs/error.log
     CustomLog       /usr/users/mercury/logs/access.log common

     <IfModule mod_alias.c>
         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/users/mercury/cgi-bin/"
     </IfModule>
     <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
         WebAppDeploy docs tomcat4 /docs
     </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

Is this the right way?

Nix.

Re: Tomcat with apache for virtual hosting

Posted by John Clayton <ne...@optonline.net>.
Hi Rakesh,

 From what I understand,  you simply specify your context directives