Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sivaramakrishna SM <ss...@novell.com> on 2009/07/03 14:00:04 UTC

Information about "svn commit: r570307 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x:CHANGES STATUS server/log.c"

Hi  William Rowe,

After upgrading Apache from version 2.059 to 2.0.63, in Netware the Apache process doesn't stop immediately but waits for some action like a key press from user.

But when looked into it, the issue started appearing from Apache version 2.0.61

So, i started testing this issue by removing the changes one by one that went into 2.0.61 and i'm suspecting that the changes made for the revision 570307 might be the cause of this issue.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/server/log.c?r1=421178&r2=570307

Similarly, i tested this issue by removing changes one by one that went into 2.0.63 and i'm suspecting that the changes made for the revision 607255 (for the function log_child) might also be the cause of this issue.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/tags/2.0.63/server/log.c?r1=603921&r2=607255

So, if we comment out the code in Apache version 2.0.63 which will create a pipe between the newly created child process and child's stdin (server/log.c, function name - log_child), we are not able to reproduce the problem:

/*  ** Commenting for Netware specific functionality   **

if ((rc = apr_file_open_stdout(&outfile, p)) == APR_SUCCESS) {
         rc = apr_procattr_child_out_set(procattr, outfile, NULL);
            if (dummy_stderr)
                 rc = apr_procattr_child_err_set(procattr, outfile, NULL);
            else if ((rc = apr_file_open_stderr(&errfile, p)) == APR_SUCCESS)
                 rc = apr_procattr_child_err_set(procattr, errfile, NULL);

        }
*/

I'm suspecting that some open file handles might be the reason for the improper shutdown (but not sure). So, can you please provide me some more information about the changes and what might be the affect of these changes.

Thanks and regards,
S.M Siva Rama Krishna

Information about "svn commit: r570307 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x:CHANGES STATUS server/log.c"