Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/15 20:19:02 UTC

Tomcat keeps changing my web.xml listener-class

Hi,

I am running tomcat 8.5.16 with 64 bit Oracle Java 8.0.144 on a LinuxMint
box.  My Java REST app worked fine until I renamed my packages.  So, for
example, my startup listener was in a package named:

com.abc.utils.StartupListner

webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml reflected that with:

<listener-class>com.abc.utils.StartupListener</listener-class>

and it all worked.  I change all my classes and I changed
webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml to:

<listener-class>io.def.utils.StartupListener</listener-class>

However, whenever I startup tomcat my something is changing
webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml back to:

<listener-class>com.abc.utils.StartupListener</listener-class>

I updated webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml back to:

<listener-class>io.def.utils.StartupListener</listener-class>

and then searched everything in the tomcat tree for "com.abc" but it didn't
exist anywhere.  However, when I run tomcat again, it again changes
webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml back to:

<listener-class>com.abc.utils.StartupListener</listener-class>

My app is not being distributed as a war file.  I have it all extracted
under the webapps directory.

I can't figure out what is causing tomcat to remember the old package
path.  Sure appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Blake McBride

Re: Tomcat keeps changing my web.xml listener-class

Posted by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com>.
Never mind.  Found the problem.  It wasn't tomcat, it was me.....

Thanks!

Blake