Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Matthew Beermann <mb...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/23 00:30:07 UTC

Two Continuum Questions

1) I want Continuum to email all of the <developers/> in the POM after the build finishes. How do I accomplish that in the <ciManagement/> section? Or in Continuum's application.xml, if necessary?

  2) Right now, the project's <defaultGoal/> becomes Continuum's default goal. That's good, but the problem is that I want multiple default goals. For example, I want it to run "deploy site:site site:deploy" on every project. Maven gets very cranky if you try to specify multiple default goals at the POM level - how can I do it at the Continuum level? (I'm going to be importing dozens of projects, so it's a pain in the ass to change it manually for each and every project.)

  --Matthew Beermann

---------------------------------

Re: Two Continuum Questions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/23/05, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> Matthew Beermann a écrit :
> > 1) I want Continuum to email all of the <developers/> in the POM after the build finishes. How do I accomplish that in the <ciManagement/> section? Or in Continuum's application.xml, if necessary?
>
> Actually, you should create a mail notifier with all developers addresses in it. In a future
> version, you'll can configure it with more simplicity.

Is this particular use case already in JIRA?

> >   2) Right now, the project's <defaultGoal/> becomes Continuum's default goal. That's good, but the problem is that I want multiple default goals. For example, I want it to run "deploy site:site site:deploy" on every project. Maven gets very cranky if you try to specify multiple default goals at the POM level - how can I do it at the Continuum level? (I'm going to be importing dozens of projects, so it's a pain in the ass to change it manually for each and every project.)
>
> It isn't possible actually to declare more than one goal in default goal, file a jira issue under
> the maven project for add this possibility. Until it's available in maven, you can only configure
> build definitions manually. In 1.1, you'll can configure some continuum profiles where you'll can
> define goals to run and you'll attach a profile to a build definition.

The Maven issue is already in JIRA.

- Brett

Re: Two Continuum Questions

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Matthew Beermann a écrit :
> 1) I want Continuum to email all of the <developers/> in the POM after the build finishes. How do I accomplish that in the <ciManagement/> section? Or in Continuum's application.xml, if necessary?

Actually, you should create a mail notifier with all developers addresses in it. In a future
version, you'll can configure it with more simplicity.

>   2) Right now, the project's <defaultGoal/> becomes Continuum's default goal. That's good, but the problem is that I want multiple default goals. For example, I want it to run "deploy site:site site:deploy" on every project. Maven gets very cranky if you try to specify multiple default goals at the POM level - how can I do it at the Continuum level? (I'm going to be importing dozens of projects, so it's a pain in the ass to change it manually for each and every project.)

It isn't possible actually to declare more than one goal in default goal, file a jira issue under
the maven project for add this possibility. Until it's available in maven, you can only configure
build definitions manually. In 1.1, you'll can configure some continuum profiles where you'll can
define goals to run and you'll attach a profile to a build definition.

Emmanuel