Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca> on 2005/05/30 20:49:25 UTC

Re: New dictionary spamming method -- SOLVED!

Looks like some particularly inept spammer is grabbing partial
Message-IDs from the headers of messages on this list and trying to send
email to them as though they were email addresses.   Sad, really.

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote:
> Looks like some particularly inept spammer is grabbing partial
> Message-IDs from the headers of messages on this list and trying to send
> email to them as though they were email addresses.   Sad, really.

We occasionally get mail sent to *full* message-IDs.  A nice
demonstration of the fact that (at least some) spammers really don't pay
any attention to what's on their lists.

--
Kelson Vibber