Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by nima chavooshi <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/08 08:59:08 UTC

[users@httpd] apache modules

Hi
I have one question about Apache modules.with loading more modules on
apache, may apache responses with more delay ??

--
N.Chavoshi

Re: [users@httpd] apache modules

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
nima chavooshi wrote:
> Hi
> I have one question about Apache modules.with loading more modules on
> apache, may apache responses with more delay ??

Re these recent threads :
- [users@httpd] Apache under DOS
- [users@httpd] apache monitoring
- [users@httpd] apache modules

It is always a good idea, indicative of the intelligent and considerate
poster to a user's support list, to start by reading the available
on-line documentation.
For example, at http://httpd.apache.org/, one finds links to
Documentation
   Version 2.2
which leads to a page full of information about
   Security Tips
   Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control
   Performance Tuning
   Log Files
   Modules  (see S for mod_Status)
and
   Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Reading this documentation beforehand is also a sign of respect and
appreciation for the work of the many competent volunteers who have
spent a lot of their time composing it and making it available.

Re: [users@httpd] apache modules

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Boyle Owen wrote:
> If you just load modules but don't actually use them (ie, no directives
> in config), then no.

That is not entirely true.  Most register a hook provider to evaluate if
they are the candidate for providing auth, injecting filters or handling
the request.

Those hooks do cost some cycles to evaluate and answer, even if the answer
is always 'no, not this module'.

So you are wise to remove modules that are not used.

Also, some security flaws in the past have exploited only one module
of httpd.  The users who had not loaded or enabled that module were not
affected.  So it is also a courtesy to the next administrator down the
road (or yourself) to simplify the number of modules loaded.

RE: [users@httpd] apache modules

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com>.

	I have one question about Apache modules.with loading more
modules on apache, may apache responses with more delay ??

	--
	N.Chavoshi

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.