Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2012/12/17 17:53:19 UTC

[Math] Release problem (Was: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1)

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 05:03:55PM +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Le 17/12/2012 11:40, Gilles Sadowski a écrit :
> >>
> >> Hi Gilles,

> >> Could you please put a link to the distributed source files?
> >
> > As usual, the Java sources are in a JAR file available from the Nexus server
> > (3rd link above).
>
> These are not the full project source files, only the sources made
> available for example to IDE or debuggers. They are not suitable for
> development. They miss the pom, the documentation and many other things
> we need for development and that belong to the source distribution.
>
> What I am looking for are the files which after the vote end here:
> <http://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi>.

Sorry, I can't make it work.

I've committed my "recipe".
"test-deploy" creates all the files. But "deploy" does not (and does not
upload them of course).

Something missing in the recipe (it worked for 3.0)? New behaviour of the
parent POM, no idea... :-/ Help welcome.

Regards,
Gilles

Re: [Math] Release problem (solved)

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:11:40AM -0800, Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 12/17/12 8:53 AM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:

> >> These are not the full project source files, only the sources made
> >> available for example to IDE or debuggers. They are not suitable for
> >> development. They miss the pom, the documentation and many other things
> >> we need for development and that belong to the source distribution.
> >>
> >> What I am looking for are the files which after the vote end here:
> >> <http://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi>.
> > Sorry, I can't make it work.
> >
> > I've committed my "recipe".
> > "test-deploy" creates all the files. But "deploy" does not (and does not
> > upload them of course).
> >
> > Something missing in the recipe (it worked for 3.0)? New behaviour of the
> > parent POM, no idea... :-/ Help welcome.
>
> Try back-revving the commons parent to 23, or updating to the latest
> version.  I vaguely recall the assembly plugin update causing no
> tarballs in the past.

It seems that the command with the target "deploy" is not idempotent.
Now I did everything in a single command, i.e. exactly this:
  $ mvn -DskipTests=true clean deploy -Prelease
and it worked! :-)

AFAICT, only the "clean" is done also there. [Whereas, before, I might have
done "test-deploy" and then "deploy" without an intermediate "clean"...]

Sorry for the noise,
Gilles

Re: [Math] Release problem (Was: [VOTE] Release Commons Math 3.1)

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/17/12 8:53 AM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 05:03:55PM +0100, Luc Maisonobe wrote:

>>> As usual, the Java sources are in a JAR file available from the Nexus server
>>> (3rd link above).
>> These are not the full project source files, only the sources made
>> available for example to IDE or debuggers. They are not suitable for
>> development. They miss the pom, the documentation and many other things
>> we need for development and that belong to the source distribution.
>>
>> What I am looking for are the files which after the vote end here:
>> <http://commons.apache.org/math/download_math.cgi>.
> Sorry, I can't make it work.
>
> I've committed my "recipe".
> "test-deploy" creates all the files. But "deploy" does not (and does not
> upload them of course).
>
> Something missing in the recipe (it worked for 3.0)? New behaviour of the
> parent POM, no idea... :-/ Help welcome.

Try back-revving the commons parent to 23, or updating to the latest
version.  I vaguely recall the assembly plugin update causing no
tarballs in the past.

Phil