Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Singleton <jh...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/25 18:15:36 UTC

cargo offline deploy fails

I have a maven war project and am using maven-cargo-plugin to deploy the war
to the container and also to start/stop the container for functional
testing.  All works well on an internet-connected machine, but when I try to
execute my build on a disconnected machine, the cargo:deploy fails. I have
copied the source tree and my maven repository to the disconnected machine
and am running "mvn -o".  All other parts of the build complete
successfully.  If I manually deploy the war and start the container, the
functional tests run successfully. The disconnected machine is on a
completely isolated network, not just behind a firewall.  I have read the
cargo documentation and do not see anything that addresses this use-case.
Judging from the trace, it appears to be trying to contact
www.jboss.org(perhaps trying to validate the war???)  Is there a
mistake in my
configuration, or a way to work around this issue?

The failure: (hand typed so possible typos...)
[cargo:deploy {execution: copy-to-jboss}]
Parsed JBoss version = [5.1.0]
----------------------------------
 FATAL ERROR
---------------------------------
Failed to create deployable with implementation class
org.codehaus.cargo.container.jboss.deployable.JBossWAR for the parameters
(container [id = [jboss51x]], deployable type [war])
www.jboss.org
Trace
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to create...
at
org.codehaus.cargo.generic.spi.AbstractGenericHintFactory.createImplementation(AbstractGenericHintFactory.java:154)
Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
You will likely get better help on the cargo maven plugin asking on the
Cargo mailing list [1].

/Anders

[1] http://cargo.codehaus.org/Mailing+Lists