Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Marek Slim <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 13:31:36 UTC

Apache Mahout without Hadoop

Hi,

I would like to use text classifier tool, that are implemented in Apache
Mahout.
I don't want to run Mahout with Apache Hadoop. I would like to use
classification in simple way.

Is it possible to run Apache Mahout independently without Haddop ?
Would I be able to use text classifiers ?

Thanks for help

Re: Apache Mahout without Hadoop

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Most algorithms have non-hadoop versions.

Posted by "Chandra Mohan, Ananda Vel Murugan" <An...@honeywell.com>.
Pls check this link http://shuyo.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/mahout-development-environment-with-maven-and-eclipse-2/

Here mahout is being run from eclipse without needing Hadoop infra.

Posted by Marek Slim <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arun Ahuja <aa...@gmail.com>.