Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Conover <sc...@groundswell.net> on 2000/09/27 17:53:54 UTC

RE: What's the use of XSP and FP versus a good old servlet progra m ?

XSP provides an abstraction layer so you can do most of your development
directly in XSL/XSP/some Java.  I've found that dealing with DOM directly
gets NASTY.  If you don't want that layer of abstraction for whatever
reason, then Servlet + DOM is probably a good idea.  I do know if it's made
my job a LOT easier.

Regards,
Steve