Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Frank Renaers <Fr...@ikan.be> on 2004/08/26 10:58:52 UTC

SequenceManagerHighLowImpl question

Hi,

We are using the SequenceManagerHighLowImpl implementation. (OJB1.0.0).

We are using the spy driver to check the generated sql.

The log contains the following sql statement :

UPDATE OJB_HL_SEQ SET MAX_KEY='513',GRAB_SIZE='1',VERSION='513' WHERE
TABLENAME = 'SEQ_ARTICLE'  AND FIELDNAME = 'deprecatedColumn'  AND
VERSION = '512'

Why does the where clause contains 'FIEDNAME = 'deprecatedColumn' ???

Thanks,

Frank Renaers

Ikan Software - Belgium

Re: SequenceManagerHighLowImpl question

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Frank,

this was for backward compatibility with older versions of OJB. As you
can see from the column names in older versions the column name and the
field name were used to identify a sequence. This was changed, now OJB
use an 'sequence name' only.
 > TABLENAME = 'SEQ_ARTICLE'  AND FIELDNAME = 'deprecatedColumn'

regards,
Armin