Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by icewind <ic...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/03 19:54:33 UTC

debian tomcat4 cocoon war file deployment problems

Im using debian and have the latest tomcat4 package
installed (tomcat 4.0.3) Instead of using the cocoon2
debian package, I opted for the cocoon.war file that I
downloaded off the web.

When I put the cocoon.war file in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps
and restart tomcat, I get errors. The errors start off
like this:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
Error compiling sitemap_xmap: Line 22, column 49:
cannot access class Component; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/component/Component.class
not found Line 23, column 53: cannot access class
Configurable; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configurable.class
not found Line 24, column 53: cannot access class
Configuration; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/Configuration.class
not found Line 25, column 53: cannot access class
ConfigurationException; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/ConfigurationException.class
not found Line 26, column 53: cannot access class
DefaultConfiguration; file
org/apache/avalon/framework/configuration/DefaultConfiguration.class
not found Line 27, column 50: cannot access class
Parameters;

As you can see, the jar files are not being
recgonized. coocoon.war gets extracted into the
$TOMCAT_HOME/work/localhost/cocoon directory, but a
cocoon directory is not created in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps.

I can get cocoon to work if I install the cocoon.war
file on ANOTHER MACHINE, restart tomcat on that
machine, and it will extract cocoon succesfully from
the war file. I can then tar up that cocoon directory
from the other machine and send it over to the
"broken" machine and cocoon will run fine.

I guess what this boils down to is the tomcat cant
extract my cocoon.war If anyone knows what what might
cause this, I would be interested in knowing. I'm
inclined to think it is more of a tomcat issue than a
cocoon one because the same war file deploys correctly
on a redhat machine running the same version of tomcat
as well as the "broken" debian machine running Resin.

Thanks for any help.

--iw0

http://sbc.yahoo.com

AW: debian tomcat4 cocoon war file deployment problems

Posted by Philipp Bo?em <ph...@boessem.de>.
could be a problem wether with your jdk version, there is quit a good
dokumentation on the cocoon homepage about the differnt distributions and
jdks