Posted to announce@apache.org by JV Jujjuri <ju...@apache.org> on 2017/08/11 16:55:43 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

The Apache BookKeeper team is proud to announce Apache BookKeeper version
4.5.0.

This is the fifth release of BookKeeper as an Apache Top Level Project!

The 4.5.0 release incorporates hundreds of new fixes, improvements, and
features since previous major release, 4.4.0, which was released over a
year ago.

It is a big milestone in Apache BookKeeper community, converging from three
main branches (Salesforce, Twitter and Yahoo).

For BookKeeper release details and downloads, visit:

http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases/

BookKeeper 4.5.0 Release Notes are at:

http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.5.0/overview/releaseNotes/

We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release possible.

Regards,

The Apache BookKeeper Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

Posted by Leigh Stewart <ls...@twitter.com.INVALID>.
Excellent work folks! Thanks for making it happen JV!

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

scritto:

> Thanks a lot Sijie for patiently walking me through the process.
> Now I have real appreciation for the release mangers. ;)
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome! Well done! This is a great milestone to the bookkeeper community!
>>
>> Thanks JV for doing the release! Thanks everyone for making this happen.
>>
>> Sijie
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2017 9:56 AM, "JV Jujjuri" <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The Apache BookKeeper team is proud to announce Apache BookKeeper
>> version
>> > 4.5.0.
>> >
>> > This is the fifth release of BookKeeper as an Apache Top Level Project!
>> >
>> > The 4.5.0 release incorporates hundreds of new fixes, improvements, and
>> > features since previous major release, 4.4.0, which was released over a
>> > year ago.
>> >
>> > It is a big milestone in Apache BookKeeper community, converging from
>> three
>> > main branches (Salesforce, Twitter and Yahoo).
>> >
>> > For BookKeeper release details and downloads, visit:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases/
>> >
>> > BookKeeper 4.5.0 Release Notes are at:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.5.0/overview/releaseNotes/
>> >
>> > We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release
>> possible.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > The Apache BookKeeper Team
>> >

> --
> Jvrao
> ---
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
> you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

scritto:

> Thanks a lot Sijie for patiently walking me through the process.
> Now I have real appreciation for the release mangers. ;)
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome! Well done! This is a great milestone to the bookkeeper community!
>>
>> Thanks JV for doing the release! Thanks everyone for making this happen.
>>
>> Sijie
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2017 9:56 AM, "JV Jujjuri" <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The Apache BookKeeper team is proud to announce Apache BookKeeper
>> version
>> > 4.5.0.
>> >
>> > This is the fifth release of BookKeeper as an Apache Top Level Project!
>> >
>> > The 4.5.0 release incorporates hundreds of new fixes, improvements, and
>> > features since previous major release, 4.4.0, which was released over a
>> > year ago.
>> >
>> > It is a big milestone in Apache BookKeeper community, converging from
>> three
>> > main branches (Salesforce, Twitter and Yahoo).
>> >
>> > For BookKeeper release details and downloads, visit:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases/
>> >
>> > BookKeeper 4.5.0 Release Notes are at:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.5.0/overview/releaseNotes/
>> >
>> > We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release
>> possible.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > The Apache BookKeeper Team
>> >

> --
> Jvrao
> ---
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
> you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

scritto:

> Thanks a lot Sijie for patiently walking me through the process.
> Now I have real appreciation for the release mangers. ;)
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome! Well done! This is a great milestone to the bookkeeper community!
>>
>> Thanks JV for doing the release! Thanks everyone for making this happen.
>>
>> Sijie
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2017 9:56 AM, "JV Jujjuri" <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The Apache BookKeeper team is proud to announce Apache BookKeeper
>> version
>> > 4.5.0.
>> >
>> > This is the fifth release of BookKeeper as an Apache Top Level Project!
>> >
>> > The 4.5.0 release incorporates hundreds of new fixes, improvements, and
>> > features since previous major release, 4.4.0, which was released over a
>> > year ago.
>> >
>> > It is a big milestone in Apache BookKeeper community, converging from
>> three
>> > main branches (Salesforce, Twitter and Yahoo).
>> >
>> > For BookKeeper release details and downloads, visit:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases/
>> >
>> > BookKeeper 4.5.0 Release Notes are at:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.5.0/overview/releaseNotes/
>> >
>> > We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release
>> possible.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > The Apache BookKeeper Team
>> >

> --
> Jvrao
> ---
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
> you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

scritto:

> Thanks a lot Sijie for patiently walking me through the process.
> Now I have real appreciation for the release mangers. ;)
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Awesome! Well done! This is a great milestone to the bookkeeper community!
>>
>> Thanks JV for doing the release! Thanks everyone for making this happen.
>>
>> Sijie
>>
>> On Aug 11, 2017 9:56 AM, "JV Jujjuri" <ju...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > The Apache BookKeeper team is proud to announce Apache BookKeeper
>> version
>> > 4.5.0.
>> >
>> > This is the fifth release of BookKeeper as an Apache Top Level Project!
>> >
>> > The 4.5.0 release incorporates hundreds of new fixes, improvements, and
>> > features since previous major release, 4.4.0, which was released over a
>> > year ago.
>> >
>> > It is a big milestone in Apache BookKeeper community, converging from
>> three
>> > main branches (Salesforce, Twitter and Yahoo).
>> >
>> > For BookKeeper release details and downloads, visit:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/releases/
>> >
>> > BookKeeper 4.5.0 Release Notes are at:
>> >
>> > http://bookkeeper.apache.org/docs/4.5.0/overview/releaseNotes/
>> >
>> > We would like to thank all the contributors that made the release
>> possible.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > The Apache BookKeeper Team
>> >

> --
> Jvrao
> ---
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
> you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Sebb! These are good questions and suggestions. We were following
a template we used before. We will try to improve the template to add more
descriptions and also more info on subsequent releases.

- Sijie

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.