Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hans Goeckel <ha...@nesm.net> on 2002/12/17 17:27:54 UTC

preventing all caching

I'm trying to figure out how to prevent caching of any content on a client machine.

Our servlets properly use the no-cache directive, but other content is still being cached.

Specifically, those pages we generate use Javascript to load a set of images from the server.  The HTTP headers in the response to those GETs don't contain the no-cache directive.  I would have thought that adding nocache as a directive to the default settings in web.xml would take care of this, but it seems to have no effect.

Is there any way to force a nocache directive into all content returned by the server?

Many thanks for any help.

Hans