Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Al Krinker <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/07 16:51:55 UTC

SolrMeter is dead?

I am trying to test performance of my cluster (solr 4.8).

SolrMeter looked promising... small and standalone. Plus, open source so
that I could make tweaks if needed.

However, I see that the last update date was in Oct 2012. Is it dead? Any
better non commercial and preferably open sourced projects out there?

Thanks,
Al

Re: SolrMeter is dead?

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
It didn't have any improvements for a long time now (It doesn't have any
SolrCloud-related feautes for example), I just added a note on Solr wiki to
alert users about that. Feel free to ask on the solrmeter mailing list if
you have any other questions.

Tomás

Re: SolrMeter is dead?

Re: SolrMeter is dead?

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
There is also solrjmeter tool that wraps jmeter inside:
https://github.com/romanchyla/solrjmeter
I have tried it and saw more interesting graphs.

You can also plot the solr cache stats and other metrics via querying
with /admin/mbeans?stats=true&wt=json suffix on your core/collection and
using some target viz. system of preference. I've blogged about one:

http://java.dzone.com/articles/monitoring-solr-graphite-and

HTH,

Dmitry

--