Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Raimonds Aronietis <ra...@atd.lv> on 2005/12/15 12:51:06 UTC

Statistics from logfile to SQL

Dear all,

I have been trying to find a script which would allow me to copy data
from spamd logfile to MySQL database. It would be usefull, since then I
could provide datailed statistics to my users.

Does anybody know a way to do it or I will just have to write a small
script myself? Has anyone probably done it before? Any tips?

Raimonds Aronietis

Re: Statistics from logfile to SQL

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@barking-dog.net>.
> If you do large volumes of email, expect to have a table with millions
> upon
> millions of records, and slow access times :(

The altered script I'm using outputs spam/ham total summaries for each user,
and spam/ham message hits for each rule. In a properly built database, that
shouldn't be too terribly difficult to maintain, and I wouldn't think you'd
need to retain history for very long.

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Matthew Yette a écrit :
> If you do large volumes of email, expect to have a table with millions upon
> millions of records,

the w-illions of records take less space than the x-illions of messages
to which they correspond.

  and slow access times :(

and the access time will be less than that of:
- SA matching test
- SA net tests
- MTA dns lookups
- MDA execution
- message queing
- message storing

and in any case, if one needs it, one has to do it.

Re: Statistics from logfile to SQL

Posted by Matthew Yette <my...@mapolce.com>.

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@barking-dog.net>.