Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ravi473 <ra...@middleware360.com> on 2016/02/19 22:46:33 UTC

conflicts with the registered path

We are starting multiple web service endpoints with same base name using code
below. For instance, http://localhost:9001/org/dep and
http://localhost:9001/org/dep/manage . It used to work till 2.1.7. After we
upgraded CXF to 3.1.4 and it is failing with below exception .

Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not add cxf jetty handler
for url http://localhost:8585/rs/jde/jxml to Jetty server, as the path
/rs/jde/jxml is still in use.
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.checkRegistedContext(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:317)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:386)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.activate(JettyHTTPDestination.java:175)
	at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:53)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBindingFactory.java:95)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSBindingFactory.addListener(JAXRSBindingFactory.java:88)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:123)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:206)

Re: conflicts with the registered path

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Not really - can you debug JettyHTTPServerEngine and check if this
property is actually recognized at runtime.
FYI, I'm only assuming that update I was referring to is relevant, might
not be.
So start with confirming this property is indeed seen as being set, in
JettyHTTPServerEngine.shouldCheckUrl().

Cheers, Sergey

On 22/02/16 18:09, ravi473 wrote:
> Thanks for reply . I have added the system property as you suggest but there
> is no difference  .Can you please suggest me if have any other way to get
> out of the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> ravi

Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Re: conflicts with the registered path

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I recall there was some work added to avoid some side-effects related to
running multiple CXF Jetty endpoint on the overlapping paths, but then
it caused issues for some existing deployments (like yours) so a  property

"org.apache.cxf.transports.http_jetty.DontCheckUrl" was added.
It can be set to 'true' as a system or bus property. Try it please

Sergey