Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by rambabu pakala <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/01 05:49:25 UTC

pid file is not created in Windows Environment....

Hi,

Can you Please help me, why the pid file is not created in windows environment when I try with C:\apache-cassandra-0.6.6\bin>cassandra.bat -p c.pid ?

Is there a better way to shutdown the cassandra server instead of kill pid?

Thanks,
-Ram.

Re: pid file is not created in Windows Environment....

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.
On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 20:49 -0800, rambabu pakala wrote:
> Can you Please help me, why the pid file is not created in windows
> environment when I try with C:\apache-cassandra-0.6.6
> \bin>cassandra.bat -p c.pid ?

We don't seem to have a very large base of Windows users so those
scripts aren't as thoroughly cooked.  I'm not sure what to tell you
other than to submit a ticket, and as always, Patches Welcome.

> Is there a better way to shutdown the cassandra server instead of kill
> pid?

Nope, that's how it's done.

--
Eric Evans