Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alfred von Campe <al...@von-campe.com> on 2022/10/03 13:53:58 UTC

Re: --revision option is not forwarded to svn:externals references

> On Sep 28, 2022, at 7:10, Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> wrote:
>
> I will see, if I can work around it with SVN. I just told myself a fool, as I thought for 20 years, that this basic requirement was no problem, but it is.

I’ve used a script that would enumerate the externals and used the ‘{DATE}’ format to update the externals to the same date as the main branch.  Just get the date with something like "svn info | awk '/Last Changed Date:/ {print $4, $5}’”.

Alfred

Re: --revision option is not forwarded to svn:externals references

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Am 03.10.2022 um 15:53 schrieb Alfred von Campe:

>> On Sep 28, 2022, at 7:10, Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> wrote:
>>
>> I will see, if I can work around it with SVN. I just told myself a fool, as I thought for 20 years, that this basic requirement was no problem, but it is.
>
> I’ve used a script that would enumerate the externals and used the ‘{DATE}’ format to update the externals to the same date as the main branch.  Just get the date with something like "svn info | awk '/Last Changed Date:/ {print $4, $5}’”.
>
> Alfred

Alfred,
that is great, thank you ! As I use one repository, I even don't need
the date trick. I can directly go with the revision number.
"date" is not precise enough for me, as I have multiple commits per day
and I want an exact one.
I had a srcipt on WIndows, which worked for externals on folders.
Unfortunately, I have no script which handles externals on files.
The script searches for ".svn" folders and runs "svn up -r 1234" on
those folders. Unfortunately, this does not wqork on externals on files.

Thank you for all,
Harald