Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2018/03/05 02:42:07 UTC

library-restlet to be removed?

Hi,

I have put the library-restlet into my own application and discovered a few
detrimental flaws in its principal design. Primarily that login will alter
the "view" of links available, and it is simply not resolvable to my
satisfaction. The solution I made in that library assumes too much of a
CRUD view and it is bad design.

Instead, I have taken more look at library-rest-server, coming from Rickard
and the Streamflow project. I think it has better fundamentals, but is
lacking some of the finesse in library-restlet. BUT, I think that is
fixable, so I want to start documenting Rickard's work and try to bring in
the features that I think is necessary.

One really cute aspect of library-rest-server is that it can respond with
xhtml, directly renderable, not particularly nicely but quite an assist to
work out the links during design.

WDYAT? Is it ok to dump the library-restlet ?

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: library-restlet to be removed?

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Yeah, I am also not certain yet how everything is supposed to work, but I
think I will eventually figure it out.

Cheers
Niclas

Posted by Tibor Mlynarik <ti...@gmail.com>.