Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/01/20 21:20:17 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.7-dev does not compile

Hi:

I tried a full build (without local.*) and it is broken. The error is the
same as was fixed in 2.2:

/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/tools/targets/docs-build.xml:56:
com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error @[181,1] in
file:/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/php/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/PhpGenerator.java

I thought it was already fixed. BTW, is there a plan for a 2.1.7 release?
It is a worth to fix after all?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7-dev does not compile

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
> >Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >>
> >>I tried a full build (without local.*) and it is broken. The error is the
> >>same as was fixed in 2.2:
> >>
> >>/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/tools/targets/docs-build.xml:56:
> >>com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error @[181,1] in
> >>file:/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/php/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/PhpGenerator.java
> >>
> >>I thought it was already fixed. BTW, is there a plan for a 2.1.7 release?
> >>It is a worth to fix after all?
> >>
> >I got this error a while ago, but it was fixed.  I just did a clean
> >rebuild and it was fine for me.  Are you sure you have the latest svn?
>
> A while ago I had removed the PHP block from trunk. I'm not positive,
> but I seem to remember removing it from BRANCH_2_1_X as well.  Could
> this have something to do with it?

It is just "deprecated" in the BRANCH_2_1_X, and so the qdox parser
stumbles over it.

--David

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7-dev does not compile

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I tried a full build (without local.*) and it is broken. The error is the
>> same as was fixed in 2.2:
>>
>> /home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/tools/targets/docs-build.xml:56:
>> com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error @[181,1] in
>> file:/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/php/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/PhpGenerator.java
>>

>> I thought it was already fixed. BTW, is there a plan for a 2.1.7 release?
>> It is a worth to fix after all?
>>
> I got this error a while ago, but it was fixed.  I just did a clean
> rebuild and it was fine for me.  Are you sure you have the latest svn?

A while ago I had removed the PHP block from trunk. I'm not positive,
but I seem to remember removing it from BRANCH_2_1_X as well.  Could
this have something to do with it?

Tony

Re: Cocoon 2.1.7-dev does not compile

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Jue, 20 de Enero de 2005, 15:23, Ralph Goers dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Hi:
>>
>>I tried a full build (without local.*) and it is broken. The error is the
>>same as was fixed in 2.2:
>>
>>/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/tools/targets/docs-build.xml:56:
>>com.thoughtworks.qdox.parser.ParseException: syntax error @[181,1] in
>>file:/home/agallardo/svn/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/php/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/PhpGenerator.java
>>
>>I thought it was already fixed. BTW, is there a plan for a 2.1.7 release?
>>It is a worth to fix after all?
>>
> I got this error a while ago, but it was fixed.  I just did a clean
> rebuild and it was fine for me.  Are you sure you have the latest svn?

Yep. Just made and "svn up" before, then a "build.sh clean" and then
build.sh war" Of course without (local.*).

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
On Jue, 20 de Enero de 2005, 18:18, David Crossley dijo:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> >
>> > Hmmm. Then what to do?
>> >
>> > David, need we another inter Ocean Pacific Sprint to fix that? ;-)
>>
>> LOL. As long as you promise not to stay awake all night. :-)
>>
>> Well it would be best to have this SitemapTask/qdox working
>> in both trunk and branch, so that we can find all the documentation
>> differences. If we can just find out what is so different about
>> the PhpGenerator.java source that makes qdox barf.
>
> What i could do is just add a hard-coded workaround in
> the SitemapTask in 2_1_X to just skip the php block.

OK. Let me see it later today. :-)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hmmm. Then what to do?

David, need we another inter Ocean Pacific Sprint to fix that? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

On Jue, 20 de Enero de 2005, 17:01, David Crossley dijo:

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.