Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Da...@hydro.qc.ca on 2009/12/09 22:31:01 UTC

I'm having problems integrating myfaces 1.2.6 with SAP Java Server WebXMLParser

          Hi,

	I'm having problems integrating myfaces 1.2.6 with SAP Java
Server (Java 1.5)

	The problem , I found was in the code for
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.webapp.webxml.WebXmlParser parse()
method.

	the parse method does the following

	****
	InputSource is = createContextInputSource(null,
"/WEB-INF/web.xml");

	      if (is == null)
	      {
	        URL url = this._context.getResource("/WEB-INF/web.xml");
	        log.debug("No web-xml found at : " + ((url == null) ? "
null " : url.toString()));
	        return this._webXml;
	      }

	      Document document = db.parse(is);

	      Element webAppElem = document.getDocumentElement();
	      if ((webAppElem == null) ||
(!(webAppElem.getNodeName().equals("web-app"))))
	        throw new FacesException("No valid web-app root element
found!");
	*****

	but the JDK 1.5 implementation is namespace aware so the return
of getNodeName is in our system ns1:web-app

	I think the implementation should do getLocalName() instead of
getNodeName ...

	Does anyone have a suggestion to how to get arround this... I'm
sure someone else has a system where the web.xml file has namespaces in
it ...

	Thank you and sorry if this question is not posted at the right
place... if so please redirect me to the right list.

	Thanks again.

	Thierry Dagnino

RE: I'm having problems integrating myfaces 1.2.6 with SAP Java Server WebXMLParser

Posted by Da...@hydro.qc.ca.
Thanks Scott,

I'm new to the process for bugs and patches with the myfaces project. Can you guide me through it ?

By when could I get a compiled version after that ? What about a release ?

Also, would there be a guide to compiling a new myfaces core ... Maybe I can fix it on my side and have it fixed for the next release.

Thanks.

Thierry Dagnino
Expertise et Développement SAP.
Équipe Expertise
Mtl-700 Gauchetière
700, rue de la Gauchetière ouest
Montréal QC H3B 0B6
Étage 28
Tél HQ : 0-834-3219
Hmm interresting.  Generally the webapp mapping is in the default namespace is it not?  I don't know if J2EE is spec'd this way but most webapp that I've seen are done this way.

I'm not a bit fan of using getLocalName in general becuase it can lead to conflicts.  That said, if someone defines a web-xml element in thier schema, they should be shot. ;)

Write up a bug and submit a patch and maybe we can get it in.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.