Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Fabian Haupt <ka...@submerged-intelligence.de> on 2007/12/02 02:22:38 UTC

work on xml-rpc?

Hi!

I'm not quite sure if someone is currently working on the XML-RPC stuff
[1]. I could imagine you're all busy with the Release related work.

I've just implemented putPage so far. So if this is still relevant for
future versions, I'd happily share the changes i've made/will make.
(at least I use the xmlrpc interface to get and put the wikipages for
conversion from/to other wikis [2]).

greets

Fabian

[1]  http://jspwiki.org/wiki/WikiRPCInterface2
[2]  http://www.wiki2wiki.net

Re: work on xml-rpc?

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Quoting Fabian Haupt <ka...@submerged-intelligence.de>:
> Murray,
>
> thanks for your reply. Our work with the XML-RPC interface has just
> begun, so I'm quite sure there will be a lote more coding.
>
> I've just had a quick look at your plugin and its functionality. You are
> actually some steps ahead of me ;) I was just using the basic
> functionality of the XML-RPC interface and lacked some methods which I
> implemented.

Hi Fabian,

Well, I've been looking into various possible ways of implementing a
WikiFarm or WikiHive idea, with content and structure synchronization
happening via XML-RPC. I'd like to be able to use some of the newer
features in the current API so I'll be an advocate for and likely
implementor of the new XML-RPC code when the time is ripe. I'm relying
on Janne to fire the starting pistol at some point.

> As I've just started digging into the JSPWiki codebase I'm not yet
> familiar with most of it. But as my knowledge of the codebase increases,
> I'd be happy to contribute whatever of my code is/becomes usable.

That'd be great. Happy if you kept me in the loop...

Murray

Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>                              ===  = =

        In the evening
        The rice leaves in the garden
        Rustle in the autumn wind
        That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu

Re: work on xml-rpc?

Posted by Fabian Haupt <ka...@submerged-intelligence.de>.

Murray,

thanks for your reply. Our work with the XML-RPC interface has just
begun, so I'm quite sure there will be a lote more coding.

I've just had a quick look at your plugin and its functionality. You are
actually some steps ahead of me ;) I was just using the basic
functionality of the XML-RPC interface and lacked some methods which I
implemented.

As I've just started digging into the JSPWiki codebase I'm not yet
familiar with most of it. But as my knowledge of the codebase increases,
I'd be happy to contribute whatever of my code is/becomes usable.

Fabian

ps. sorry if this mail is send two times ... I just realized I messed up
my identities :/

Re: work on xml-rpc?

Posted by Fabian Haupt <fh...@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>.

Re: work on xml-rpc?