Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by eg...@gmail.com on 2023/03/03 17:53:42 UTC

java enterprise

Hello,

I try to develop an java enterprise web program with netbeans 17, glassfish
7 and maven.

First, I've to update manually < org.apache.maven.plugins /maven war plugin
> to 3.3.2  and < maven-dependency-plugin > to 3.5.0 in pom.xml because the
project can't build and compile.

When trying to create the entity class from database, I get the connection
but I've a message < the project has an invalid persistence.xml file.
Indeed, this file is nearby empty.  I have to complete it.

And when trying to create session bean from entity, I've an error message :
< Cannot be generated because EJB Lite classes are not available on project
classpath. < .

That's it.

Can you help me ?

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Robert Simons

Re: java enterprise

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing well.  Can I ask which option you chose when you created
the project?  Did you choose New - > "Java with Maven" -> "Web
Application", or did you choose New -> "Java with Maven" -> "Enterprise
Application"?  I do not believe that the "Enterprise Application" option
has been updated to work with recent versions of Jakarta EE/Java EE.
However, the "Web Application" should work (although there are some issues
that still need ironing out).

If you create the "Web Application" option, and then create a "Jakarta EE
10" project, you should be able to build and deploy to GlassFish 7
immediately.  There should be no need to update POM dependencies.  The
persistence.xml is certainly empty, but that is so you can add your
applicable connections.

I also did receive the error message when trying to create  "Session Bean
from Entity Classes", so there is certainly an issue there:
Cannot be generated because EJB Lite classes are not available on
project classpath

Hope this helps a bit.  Thanks

Josh Juneau