Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Alan Evans <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 22:40:59 UTC

Trouble enabling activity-modeler with syncope debs

I have tried to follow the instructions linked below but I am having
trouble.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Enable+Activiti+Modeler

I have gotten to a point where the "Activiti Modeler" button is no longer
greyed out but I am not getting it to work.

I have installed syncope from debian package.  I have installed maven2 and
gotten a "target" directory.

I am working in /root/activity.  The syncope-deb build seems to contain a
oryx.debug.js-tokenValueMap.properties file so I've used that one.

My pom.xml contains:

<activiti-modeler.directory>/usr/share/apache-syncope</activiti-modeler.directory>

<tokenValueMap>/etc/apache-syncope/oryx.debug.js-tokenValueMap.properties</tokenValueMap>

I've noticed that the deb comes with a console.properties in
/etc/apache-syncope, but it seems the one in the WEB-INF directory is the
one that's used.

I copied /root/activity/target/activiti-webapp-explorer2 to
/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps.

/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/syncope-console/WEB-INF/classes/console.properties
contains:
scheme=https
host=my-real-hostname.example.com
port=8443
rootPath=/syncope/rest/
activitiModelerDirectory=/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/activiti-webapp-explorer2/

I am using Ubuntu 14.04, and the 1.2.2 debs from
http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html

Should I have done the build from the webaps directory?  Am I setting the
properties in pom.xml correct?

Please help.

Regards,
-Alan

Re: Trouble enabling activity-modeler with syncope debs

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 31/03/2015 23:58, Alan Evans wrote:
> Thank you Francesco,
>
> I have kept 1.2.1 for the moment but I was able to follow the
> remaining steps using your updated instructions.
>
> I did notice that you had a type-o in the property change in
> consoleContext.xml, you have "file:/etc/pache-..." instead of
> "file:///etc/apache-...".

Oh sure :-)

> Now that I have Activiti modeler running is there some kind of a
> reference as to what is passed to the workflows?  The decisions points
> and flows and such but I don't know what I can use for conditions.  I
> can infer a few from the default workflow but I would like to try out
> a few workflows like requesting approval for access to certain Roles
> and so on.  I just don't know what options I have for decision
> making.  Or for that matter how to add new approval notifications...

No such reference available (yet?): probably you'd better explain here
what you want to achieve exactly and we can provide some hints or
address to specific samples.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Trouble enabling activity-modeler with syncope debs

Posted by Alan Evans <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Francesco,

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.