Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Manning, Mike" <mi...@aiinet.com> on 2001/12/17 17:28:19 UTC

No turbine.log file when Tomcat is an NT service

Anyone have any idea why turbine.log files don't show up on Tomcat 4.0.1
installs running as NT services?  When I run Tomcat via /bin/catalina.bat,
turbine.log shows up okay.

I've spent several hours researching this one (learning way more than I
wanted to know about the LoggingService) and can't seem to find the answer.
I get Turbine: init() Ready to Rumble log entries in the Tomcat logs (see
below), but I'm having trouble determining if the service is really getting
init'ed.

2001-12-17 09:45:43 jeopardy: Turbine: init() Ready to Rumble!
2001-12-17 09:45:43 jeopardy: Turbine: Starting HTTP initialization of
services
2001-12-17 09:45:43 jeopardy: Turbine: Completed HTTP initialization of
services

Does this ring a bell with anyone?  A previous post mentioned trouble
finding turbine.log, but wasn't very specific and wasn't responded to.
(_http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04087.html)
Like the post, I also get velocity.log just fine.

Thanks,
Mike Manning