Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dennis Jay Dole <dj...@mtu.edu> on 2001/09/24 23:24:27 UTC

Won't read existing file

Hi I have a problem...
	I have a servlet which reads opens a serialized file
	"File f = new File("Database.scat");"
	then I do a lot of things when "f.exists()",
	but since I upgraded my web server to Tomcat (from Sun's old java
web-server)
	it f.exists() returns false even though I know the file is placed in the
right
	directory Tomcat's root directory, and named correctly.

Does anyone know why this Tomcat isn't allowing my servlet to open this
file? Does it have somthing to do with permissions, or security settings?...
If so, how do I go about giving permission to my servlet to see the database
file?

Please help!!

Dennis Jay Dole

djdole@mtu.edu