Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Shadel <ti...@zserve.com> on 2003/04/29 00:02:13 UTC

Apache 2.0.45 + mod_jk2-2.0.2 + TC 4.1.24 losing remoteUser?

I've got mod_jk2-2.0.2 running on a Linux box, with Apache 2.0.45 and
Tomcat 4.1.24.  I can browse around just fine, and even see the
/jkstatus.  I need to use BASIC authentication, so I've added
"request.tomcatAuthentication=false" to my jk2.properties.  I've go
vhosts configured on Apache, and have the .htpasswd file setup.

When I request http://web4/Admin/ I get a BASIC auth dialog box in
Mozilla, as expected.  The page renders the frames (yeah, I know the
stink).  However, the request.getRemoteUser() call in one frame returns
null.

I open the RequestValve, and see that the first request DOES pass the
remoteUser, but the others do not.  The code works perfectly under
Apache 1.3.x + mod_jk-1.2.2 + coyote + Tomcat 4.1.18.

What could cause the JK2 connector to no longer send the remoteUser
after the first request???

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Tim

RequestDumperValve[Standalone]: REQUEST URI       =/Admin/index.jsp
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:           authType=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:  characterEncoding=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:      contentLength=0
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:        contentType=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:        contextPath=
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:             header=host=web4

<snip/>

RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:             method=GET
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:           pathInfo=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:           protocol=HTTP/1.1
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:        queryString=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteAddr=192.168.2.35
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteHost=192.168.2.35
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteUser=tim
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]: requestedSessionId=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:             scheme=https
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         serverName=web4
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         serverPort=443
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:        servletPath=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:           isSecure=true
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:
2003-04-28 15:47:14 RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:           authType=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:      contentLength=-1

<snip/>

RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:            message=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteUser=tim
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:             status=200
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:

The following URIs share the same relevant response info:

RequestDumperValve[Standalone]: REQUEST URI       =/Admin/Nav.ldsso
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]: REQUEST URI       =/Admin/blank.jsp
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]: REQUEST URI       =/Admin/blank.jsp

RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteAddr=192.168.2.35
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteHost=192.168.2.35
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:         remoteUser=null
RequestDumperValve[Standalone]:             status=200