Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by ro...@aciworldwide.com on 2007/09/27 12:25:12 UTC

Questions about Starteam provider

I've been looking at the maven documentation and the source code for the
starteam provider and have some quick questions.

1) StarteamAddCommand, StarteamRemoveCommand do not have a corresponding
scm goal listed on page http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/. Is this
because they are undocumented, or that they are required by the framework
for some kind of internal processing?

2) StarteamEditCommand, StarteamUneditCommand are implemented although the
Matrix says they are not
(http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SCM/SCM+Matrix). Is the Matrix out of
date, or is there some other reason for listing them as not implemented?

3) Does the provider or individual command implementations <i>have</i> to
use a command line framework, or was that just done for ease of
implementation? The reason I ask is that our build environment uses
Starteam in a manner that exposes a design flaw in their checkout process
(I can provide details if anyone asks, but it's not really relevant to the
discussion).

Thanks
Robert Egan

Confidential, proprietary or non-public information.  The information is
intended solely for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or
transmission error has misdirected this email, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or
reliance upon this information by unintended recipients is prohibited. Any
opinions expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

Re: Questions about Starteam provider

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
feelfree to submit the patch, of course with unit test, as long as it
follows maven scm architechutre.  I will review and commit

Thanks

-D

Posted by ro...@aciworldwide.com.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

robert.egan@aciworldwide.com a écrit :

> I've been looking at the maven documentation and the source code for the
> starteam provider and have some quick questions.
>
> 1) StarteamAddCommand, StarteamRemoveCommand do not have a corresponding
> scm goal listed on page http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/. Is this
> because they are undocumented, or that they are required by the
> framework for some kind of internal processing?

add goal is implemented and remove goal isn't. I don't know why add goal isn't on the site. I'll look at it.

> 2) StarteamEditCommand, StarteamUneditCommand are implemented although
> the Matrix says they are not
> (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/SCM/SCM+Matrix). Is the Matrix out of
> date, or is there some other reason for listing them as not implemented?

Fixed.

> 3) Does the provider or individual command implementations <i>have</i>
> to use a command line framework, or was that just done for ease of
> implementation? The reason I ask is that our build environment uses
> Starteam in a manner that exposes a design flaw in their checkout
> process (I can provide details if anyone asks, but it's not really
> relevant to the discussion).

We use starteam cli to run command because we can't redistribute starteam jars.

Emmanuel