Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Herry <he...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/21 15:32:11 UTC

newbie question: local repository for offline dev

Hi,
I have just started looking at Maven and I've got a
slight problem.
The environment in which I am developing my projects
on is actually **offline** all the time ( I usually
download all thirdparty libs from a different computer
and move the libs to my dev environment).
This is a problem in my use of Maven because everytime
when I start using Maven, it tries to download all
sorts of libs from the online central repository,
which it couldn't because there is no internet
connection.

Does anybody know any way round this problem, short of
downloading all the online libs at ibiblo to my local
fs at ${maven.home}/repository ?

Appreciate any help

Cheers,
Herry.

Promote your business from just $5 a month!
http://sg.biztools.yahoo.com

Building Offline (was: Re: newbie question: local repository for offline dev)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the responses, all collected and added to the user guide.

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/user-guide.html#Building%20Offline
--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: newbie question: local repository for offline dev

Posted by Theunis de Jongh <th...@epiuse.com>.
Herry wrote:

>Hi,
>I have just started looking at Maven and I've got a
>slight problem.
>The environment in which I am developing my projects
>on is actually **offline** all the time ( I usually
>download all thirdparty libs from a different computer
>and move the libs to my dev environment).
>This is a problem in my use of Maven because everytime
>when I start using Maven, it tries to download all
>sorts of libs from the online central repository,
>which it couldn't because there is no internet
>connection.
>
>Does anybody know any way round this problem, short of
>downloading all the online libs at ibiblo to my local
>fs at ${maven.home}/repository ?
>
>Appreciate any help
>
>Cheers,
>Herry.

In file "project.properties", which should be in the root of your
project folder, set the property "maven.mode.online" to "false".

Theunis de Jongh
EPI-USE Systems (Pty) Ltd.           "We make you shine!"
http://www.epiuse.com
mailto:theunis.de.jongh@epiuse.com
switchboard : (012) 368-8400
direct line : (012) 368-8481
fax         : (012) 348-2709
cell        : (082) 653 1535

This message may contain information that is proprietary or confidential
and is intended only for the addressee named above.  If you are not the
addressee or authorized to receive this message for the addressee, you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or its contents.
If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately
and permanently destroy any copies you may have.