Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pamela Stangl <pc...@doit.wisc.edu> on 2004/09/15 19:54:41 UTC

Home page Administration and Manager links

I just un-tarred the binaries for Tomcat 4.1.30 and easily got it to
run.   So I'm able to bring up the default Tomcat home page.   But when I
select the link for Tomcat Administration or Tomcat Manager under
Administration, I get 404 errors.   The Tomcat Administrtaion link is
looking for /admin and the Tomcat Manager link is looking for
/manager/html  .    Neither the /admin or /manager directories exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Home page Administration and Manager links

Posted by Fred Blaise <ch...@madpenguin.org>.
ahh.. and mine was under tomcat 5.0.28... didn't read careflully enough.
Don't know if it will apply to 4.x.

fb.

Posted by Fred Blaise <ch...@madpenguin.org>.
look under $CATALINA_HOME/server/webapps. Copy manager to the
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps, and change its context path in manager.xml, and
add this directory to your workers2.properties.

That's how i got it to run. Hope it helps.