Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Burns <tb...@burnskids.com> on 2003/06/17 18:20:07 UTC

eclipse:external-tools goal in Maven's eclipse plugin

I'm running Maven with Eclipse and found the eclipse:external-tools goal in maven's eclipse plugin that is supposed to automatically create external tool entries in eclipse for maven.  When properly set up and executed, an externaltools.xml is placed in eclipse's workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.externaltools directory but this doesn't seem to be enough for eclipse.  I suspect that this used to work in an earlier version of eclipse, but that the interface has since changed and this particular goal hasn't been updated to reflect the changes made in eclipse.

I've browsed the mailing list archive to no avail trying to figure this out.  Any suggestions?  Is this supposed to work in the current eclipse release? (I'm running Eclipse 2.1.0).

Thanks!

Thomas Burns
tbaccount@burnskids.com

Re: eclipse:external-tools goal in Maven's eclipse plugin

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
I'm figuring this is a difference in eclipse 2.0 vs 2.1

I will enter it into the bug tracking system.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au