Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2006/09/14 15:33:15 UTC

Move success stories to the Wiki

Hi all,

Does anyone have any objections with me moving the success stories to
Confluence?  It seems to me that there's a lot more companies out there
using Cayenne than are currently listed.  I think part of the problem
may be that adding a new site is just a lot of hassle right now.  I know
I never bothered adding my own success story just because I didn't care
to be bothered with it.

So, barring any objections, I'll be making that transition.  I'll just
update the site to link to the wiki appropriately.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Move success stories to the Wiki

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Sep 14, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> I'm aware that patches aren't needed, but it obviously hasn't
> attracted much attention.

True, although I disagree that the absence of Wiki is the reason.

Anyways... It looks like the idea to switch the site to a Confluence
backend is popping up quite often lately. How about we work on that?

Andrus

Re: Move success stories to the Wiki

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I know I never bothered adding my own success story just because I
>> didn't care to be bothered with it.
>
> Instructions on that page say "If you want to add your Cayenne site to
> this page, please drop a note to cayenne-user list or directly to
> "andrus at objectstyle.org"." so we do not require people to submit
> patches. Sending a note via email is actually *easier* than posting to
> Wiki, so I don't think we'll be helping anybody.
I'm aware that patches aren't needed, but it obviously hasn't attracted
much attention.  I'm not sure it's easier.  Updating a Wiki is something
someone can do on their own time, at their own leisure.  They can modify
it as they see fit.  Email communication is going to require multiple
passes.  So, I guess I am advocating opening it up to general editing as
well.  I've seen it done with several other projects and it has worked
out quite well.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Actually if we look at this in the context of the recent website
redesign discussion [1], this is all about making Confluence a CMS
for the branded site. So if we can design a Confluence template that
matches our static site look and feel, all the issues below will be
resolved.

Andrus

[1] http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2006/09/0034.html

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great to me!  +1 if we are voting on it.

/dev/mrg