Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Short, Dave" <da...@pfizer.com> on 2002/07/24 17:59:10 UTC

Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.1.8 Servlet issue

There is an issue with Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.1.8 (actually this issue
first appeared with Apache 2.0.36 and Tomcat 4.0.x).  It seems, if a servlet
returns content (dynamically built HTML for instance) which exceeds 8192 in
length, the content is truncated at 8192 and a blank page is rendered by
Apache.  Actually, Apache renders what was returned by Tomcat (8192 bytes of
the dynamically generated HTML page).  Basically, an incomplete HTML page -
hence it is displayed as blank.

Re: Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.1.8 Servlet issue

Posted by Chris McCabe <Ch...@choicehotels.com>.
I ran into the same problem, and it appears to be related to the
mod_webapp module.  I switched to using mod_jk and it now works.  I
could not find any clues to what was causing the problem (exceptions,
etc.) and searching the web only turned up others having the same
problem with no solution.

Chris

Short, Dave wrote:

>There is an issue with Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat 4.1.8 (actually this issue
>first appeared with Apache 2.0.36 and Tomcat 4.0.x).  It seems, if a servlet
>returns content (dynamically built HTML for instance) which exceeds 8192 in
>length, the content is truncated at 8192 and a blank page is rendered by
>Apache.  Actually, Apache renders what was returned by Tomcat (8192 bytes of
>the dynamically generated HTML page).  Basically, an incomplete HTML page -
>hence it is displayed as blank.
>
>--

Chris P. McCabe  - Senior Software Systems Architect
Choice Hotels International - Information Technology
chris_mccabe@choicehotels.com    602-953-4416