Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by colin lloyd <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 21:01:25 UTC

how to configure a custom valve?

I am using Tomcat 7.0 and need to pass some additional data to my JAAS login
module during authentication with standard FORM logins.   By default using
the FORM login in the web application causes Tomcat to invoke the
FormAuthenticator valve which only passes username and password to the login
module.   I have created a custom FormAuthenticator valve, placed it in a
jar file in CATALINA_HOME/lib and updated the Authenticator.properties file
in the catalina.jar file to point to my new class.  Also in the webapp's
web.xml I  have changed the <authmethod> element in my <login-config> to
have the new label associated with my class in the Authenticator.properties
file.  Do I need to create an MBean XML descriptor file as well and if so
where should it go?

Colin