Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/02 14:48:47 UTC

moderated dev list a waste of time?

As one of your humble list moderators for some time now, I've saved a
few end users the minor aggravation, perhaps temporary, of subscribing
before posting, and of course rejected hundreds upon hundreds of spam
messages.  The number of messages mistakenly accepted to the list (I'm
not saying I did that ;) ) rivals the number of rescued messages.

I'm happy to continue if the community believes that this has
non-trivial value, but I suspect it is just as well to require a
subscription before posting.

Concerns?

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>.
On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 09:48 -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> require a subscription before posting

+1

--
Bojan

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
> Thanks for moderating.
>
> But +1 to dispensing with that chore in favour of subscription.

+1

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On 02 Nov 2010, at 4:47 PM, Nick Kew wrote:

>> I'm happy to continue if the community believes that this has
>> non-trivial value, but I suspect it is just as well to require a
>> subscription before posting.
>
> Thanks for moderating.
>
> But +1 to dispensing with that chore in favour of subscription.

Definite +1.

Regards,
Graham

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?

Posted by Wes Garland <we...@page.ca>.
+1

--
Wesley W. Garland
Director, Product Development

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

On 11/02/2010 03:47 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2010, at 13:48, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to continue if the community believes that this has
>> non-trivial value, but I suspect it is just as well to require a
>> subscription before posting.
>
> Thanks for moderating.
>
> But +1 to dispensing with that chore in favour of subscription.

+1

Regards

RĂ¼diger

Re: moderated dev list a waste of time?