Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/11 14:56:59 UTC

Since when has your application been running in production?

I found myself asking: "What is the first Wicket application running
in production?" and conversely "What Wicket application is still
running in production since the beginning?"

Our company, Topicus, developed during 2005 and 2006 Vocus (a student
information system for high schools in The Netherlands), which has
been running in production since 16 september 2006 (as far as I can
determine—it's a long way back).

I know that Meetmoi.com has been running in public beta since 2
september 2006, so they beat us by about 14 days (through the wayback
machine—it shows wicket:id's and wicket:interface URLs).

What is your longest running application? Does it beat meetmoi.com as
the longest running Wicket application?

Martijn

Re: Since when has your application been running in production?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Martijn Dashorst <
martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found myself asking: "What is the first Wicket application running
> in production?" and conversely "What Wicket application is still
> running in production since the beginning?"
>
> Our company, Topicus, developed during 2005 and 2006 Vocus (a student
> information system for high schools in The Netherlands), which has
> been running in production since 16 september 2006 (as far as I can
> determine—it's a long way back).
>
> I know that Meetmoi.com has been running in public beta since 2
> september 2006, so they beat us by about 14 days (through the wayback
> machine—it shows wicket:id's and wicket:interface URLs).
>
> What is your longest running application? Does it beat meetmoi.com as
> the longest running Wicket application?
>
> Martijn

TexasHuntFish.com started running its new Wicket-based app in public
production on December 4, 2006.  It had been running in private beta for a
month or two before that - so, it doesn't win, but it comes close to the
ones you mentioned.  It still runs on Wicket, although I have not worked
there for several years now.  I am not sure how much longer they will use
the original Wicket-based platform.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com