Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/30 18:35:30 UTC

Major security lapse in ofbiz. Changing order # in URL allows other orders to be viewed...

Hi,

I just noticed a potentially major security loophole in ofbiz. If you login
to the ecommerce area of ofbiz and view an order using the URL
https://www.example.com/ecommerce/control/orderstatus?orderId=10330, you can
view any order made by other users by changing the order number in the URL
for eg.
https://www.example.com/ecommerce/control/orderstatus?orderId=TMN10550, will
show the order and complete details such address, last digits of credit card
etc, even if the order was placed by another user.

I hope that somebody checks if its happening to their sites too. I believe
this is a major security lapse in ofbiz and if this error can be replicated
by other users too, we can open a JIRA issue.

I hope somebody verifies the bug very soon.

Thanks

rohit

Re: Major security lapse in ofbiz. Changing order # in URL allows other orders to be viewed...

Posted by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com>.
"security permission setting to view only
orders created by person/group who created them."

I guess this is normal expectancy from the ecommnerce application. I am sure
nobody wants their orders to be view by other users and get access to their
personal info.

I have not fully digged into, security permission, but basically i am using
the default setup, with minor touches here and there.

Rohit

Posted by Walter Vaughan <wv...@steelerubber.com>.

Posted by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com>.
I have created a JIRA issue at