Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2004/09/28 10:51:58 UTC

Wiki woes [Was: Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]]

On 28 Sep 2004, at 10:39, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Thanks, that I didn't know... Since the WIKI moved off to that
> MoinMoin crap, I seriously tend to ignore it a lot more...

For somehow who maintained the previous Wiki for two years, and
reluctantly gave up after the daily reboots of JSPWiki became too much
nuisance, but also due to some pressure that the "official ASF Cocoon
Wiki" should be hosted on ASF equipment, that's tough to hear.

Even more so, since we have made a JSPWiki importer for Daisy - and at
one stage had the entire Cocoon Wiki running inside Daisy for load and
volume testing purposes. :-/

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Wiki woes [Was: Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]]

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:

>> I have to agree with Pier. I'm a picky bastard in term of style: it
>> the thing is not readable, I won't read it and moinmoin looks too
>> different from the rest.
>

> If it's only the style; can't it be tweaked?

I found a far better looking moin-moin at http://taint.org/wk/

However, looking at the source, it seems they tweaked it far more than
just changing the CSS.

Sylvain

Re: Wiki woes [Was: Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]]

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> On 28 Sep 2004, at 10:39, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, that I didn't know... Since the WIKI moved off to that
>>> MoinMoin crap, I seriously tend to ignore it a lot more...
>
> I have to agree with Pier. I'm a picky bastard in term of style: it the
> thing is not readable, I won't read it and moinmoin looks too different
> from the rest.

If it's only the style; can't it be tweaked?

Vadim

Re: Wiki woes [Was: Re: FIXME in IncludeTransformer [Was: Re: Adding Files to Subversion]]

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 28 Sep 2004, at 10:39, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Thanks, that I didn't know... Since the WIKI moved off to that
>> MoinMoin crap, I seriously tend to ignore it a lot more...
>

> For somehow who maintained the previous Wiki for two years, and
> reluctantly gave up after the daily reboots of JSPWiki became too much
> nuisance, but also due to some pressure that the "official ASF Cocoon
> Wiki" should be hosted on ASF equipment, that's tough to hear.
>
> Even more so, since we have made a JSPWiki importer for Daisy - and at
> one stage had the entire Cocoon Wiki running inside Daisy for load and
> volume testing purposes. :-/

I have to agree with Pier. I'm a picky bastard in term of style: it the
thing is not readable, I won't read it and moinmoin looks too different
from the rest.

The lenya people now will have to manage their own site and I injected
to notion that having a lenya-managed web site would be great.

I wish I can see the day we won't need a wiki anymore.

--
Stefano.